Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Intermediate course, 8th may

Dave had openly admitted before the course that he was lacking skill the confidence to commit. Hopefully the letter below will say more than I can about how successful we were in sorting that out.

Hi Steve, thanks for the photos and a great day's training around the beautiful Hebden Bridge.
The course is a good mix of instruction, explanation, demonstration as well as ongoing tips and hints which were clear, logical and easy to follow. My head has been buzzing since Sunday and I have already moved my brake levers to a new, more inboard position. Plus I have put on some flat pedals and been out a couple of times trying wheelies, endos, and bunny hops etc. Next time I go out on a ride I will definitely repeat any technical sections I'm not happy with, it really is the only way to learn.
 This course has given me the tools in which to improve my mountain bike experience, which I can now practice, which will lead to more confidence and greater enjoyment.
 I would recommend to anybody who is struggling with any aspects of mountain biking to attend one of your courses. It's ironic that we spend hundreds if not thousands on a bike, (all the gear and no idea, ring any bells?) yet how much do we spend on upgrading our skill-set?
 As it turned out, the day ended up as 'one to one' due to the fact the other students unfortunately couldn't make it. But even though you only had me to instruct, it was still a 4:00pm finish (as per your course details). I think some lesser instructors would have taken that opportunity to shorten the time taken on the actual day, citing, 'less riders equals early finish'! But you didn't do that which is a big plus in my book.
 So once again many thanks Steve, and keep up the good work. 
Best regards,
 Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment